Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sorry it's such a poopy picture.
It has been an eventful weekend here at the Muddy manicure. Saturday morning I put the dogs out and snuggled back in bed to read and when I let them back in I noticed Yotee was acting strange. I got him to hop up on my recliner and looked him over and discovered he had sliced his leg open! Yikes...I found out that he climbed up op my cold-frame window box and broke the glass, falling through. Well, looking at his wound I decided it was way beyond my vetting capabilities. So I bit the bullet and called the vet - I'd have to pay the emergency fee plus whatever treatment he needed. Let me tell you it was a pretty penny but Yotee is now stitched up and doing well. I just need to keep him from licking and tearing out his stitches.

So after our excursion to the vet we all settled down to rest and get down to the rest of our weekend. Saturday past in a blur but Sunday seems to be dragging for me. In order to speed life along a bit, I decided to bake. :) I had some seriously over-ripe bananas I needed to do something with. I decided muffins would be a great idea so I went to Tasty Kitchen and looked up a new recipe for banana nut muffins. I found a good looking recipe called, "Brown Butter Banana Nut Muffins" and set to work. I didn't have any patience to brown the butter traditionally, so I did it in the microwave. Turned out well actually. I also didn't have any buttermilk so I subbed in yogurt. The muffins are rather bland and I'm not sure if it was the subbing of ingredients or I missed something but I think I'll stick with my regular old banana nut bread recipe next time.

In gardening news, things are coming up like crazy! My corn, beans, pumpkins, cucumbers and zucchini are sprouted up and growing well. I am excited for this and am hoping the warm, semi-dry weather holds out long enough to get them all growing mad. Yum, yum for fresh veggies. I can't wait! :D

Now, I need to figure out something to eat for lunch. I think I'll head back over to Tasty Kitchen and find something to do with beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment