Saturday, April 2, 2011

Semi-ranty but a happy ending...

Sorry this is a bit ranty but it as a happy ending...I promise! :)

I have been dealing with WSU for around 3 weeks, going on 4 now, over my University Account. They (WSU) are insisting I owe them roughly $2000 in excess tuition. False! After a thorough review of my account, I discovered they actually charged me for 9 credits when I'm only taking six. I have been on the phone non-stop with WSU and finally hit upon the correct process - file a petition for refund. My major professor (serious shout-out to Dr. Swan!) and now the Crop & Soils Department Chair is involved (and pissed I might add over assessed fees) so I'm hoping in the next two weeks we can get this resolved. After chatting with my department's academic coordinator, we discovered I was actually charged for 12 credits when I'm only taking 6 AND only refunded for 3 credits in stead of 6. It's a way confused mess that apparently stems back from me being an undergrad there - this has screwed up my graduate account/work.

My super-awesome (read: shit-head) co-worker has caused the maximum amount of drama this past week while managing to only be in the office for roughly 4 hours the entire week. Auh-mazing if you ask me. She called in to the office administrator and bitched her out over going to lunch with me the previous day. According to her this is beyond a business relationship (a personal relationship she called it). I'm sorry that I get along with my other co-workers! I feel comfortable going to either of their houses to visit on the weekend or just chatting with them about how their day/week/life is going. In my opinion this is not only being a good boss but a good friend. Whoopsies for being a normal person. Anyways, this pone call evolved into mega-drama for our office admin., regional department head and myself. It literally made me sicker than I already was. Booo!

Thursday night around 11:45 the water alarm triggered in the basement. SHIT! Is my immediate thought. So I turned off the alarm and noted the roughly 1 inch of water in 3/4 of the basement. So I knew my morning was shot and emailed in to work that I wouldn't be there. I checked the next morning and the entire basement had water and now it was up to a good 4 inches throughout. Called the plumber because I had no friggin' idea what was going on and he never called back, never came out and was an all around useless waste of my time. Spectacular.  On my way to my afternoon doctor appointment I decided I would buy a new sump-pump because that's the only thing I could figure was wrong. I was right...go figure. So after figuring out how to replace it and realizing the sewer system was not working properly (oh joy) I had to chase Yotee around to avoid him getting shot by the neighbors who were out working cows. By then I was at my wits end - I called my dad and had a breakdown. Of course, he talked me through it all and as of 12:30 AM this morning there was no more water (than usual) in the basement. Yippeee! :)

My doctor was new which kind of sucks but we did try some alternative treatment for my almost 6 month enduring sinus infection. He literally squeezed my face and pressed on the lymphnodes in my neck. This wasn't the most comfortable thing but boy did it work! The fluid started flowing down the back of my throat: sorry but after having supreme congestion and not being able to breathe even remotely well for that long it was like the best thing ever! Although, it was uncomfortable later that night and I had to do the nasal flush which made things worse (I don't want to repeat it but I'll give anything a try) I do have antibiotics now. He gave me amoxicillian which means I'll be back in the office in two weeks but whatever!

Now I can concentrate on my homework that's due Sunday. :/ LOL So here comes the happy ending. I drank half a bottle of really great red wine (Cabernet Franc from  Three Rivers Winery) from Walla Walla, Washington. While consuming this amazing-ness, I also ate 3/4 of a tub of Stonemill jalapeno and artichoke dip with Juanita's corn chips. I also downed a 44 oz. fountain Diet Pepsi. Don't judge it was grrrreat! For those of you who have not tried this combo I strongly advise it. It made my stressful and crappy week sooooo much better.

My soap products came yesterday too so I will have a post up about those soon. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment