Monday, March 7, 2011

While I was doing my mid-terms I took the lazy way out as far as food goes. And I've been paying for it - I feel like poo and have no energy. I've also been on a non-cooking binge so this evening I decided I was going cook something and since udon noodles are quite difficult to find in North central Montana I vetoed to Thai spicy peanut chicken and went with authentic Mexican breakfast burritos. Well, as authentic as I can get up here. :)

Here is my shopping trip to the larder:       
I added avacado and refried beans.
I perfer the rehydrated ones; there's
way less oil that way.

6 eggs, 1 lb regualr suasage,
handful of steak fries,
grean bell pepper slices, tortillas.
  











Brown your sausage the add your green bell pepper strips and onions until they carmelize and get soft. While you're waiting for this to happen mix up your eggs. Some people add cream but I add just a bit of water and remix - it makes them light and fluffy. :)

Oooh look at my magical abilities!
I can keep my scrambled eggs in a
a sideways glass! LOL
The browned sausage, onions
and bell peppers.
Once that's comepleted and you eggs are scrambled, mix them together and let the flavors marry a bit. Lay down a tortilla and a couple fries in the middle (they've been cooking this whole time by the way) and lay on some refried beans over them. Add a couple heaping spoonfuls of your sausage-egg mix then slice some avacado and sprinkle on some Tapatio. You're set! Enjoy your awesome breakfast burritos. :)


Oh yummy to my tummy!

Since I'm trying to do more things for myself I took the extras I had, dethawed another package or tortialls and made several burritos to freeze. I made them up the same way, put them in plastic wrap and dropped 'em in the freezer. Now I can grab one of them for breakfast and a container of soup on my way out the door. Kinda nice to know I'm at least that self sufficient! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment