Thursday, April 28, 2011

A before and after of giving....

Before...
So I have had long hair pretty much my entire life - it's one of two physical features I'm really proud of. The other is my eyes. My hair has been well past my shoulders since I can't remember when and most recently it was three inches shy of the waistband on my jeans.

With long hair comes maintenance and that's alright when you like your hair. I spent mega amounts of money on my hair over the years; highlighting it, deep conditioning, special treatments, etc.  And I'm a dedicated worker! This being said I think it came as a shock when I told people I wanted to cut it while I was home. Well today was the day! I had a 1 o'clock appointment with a pair of extra sharp scissors and lost a massive amount of hair. 
 
I have experienced many things over my 28 years and encountering people with cancer and other permanent illnesses and issues has developed me into a person who would do all I can to help out. So 12 inches of hair that I snipped off was definately going to an organization like Locks of Love. Sadly, Locks of Love won't accept my hair because of my highlighting habit. I did some research and found an organization that is just as great. 

And after!

Children with Hairloss, Inc. is an organization based out of Michigan that will accept any healthy hair even if it has been highlighted or colored. This group grants wigs to children with cancer, allopecia or any other disease that leaves them without hair for free. That's a great casue if ya ask me so I sent my 12 inch long ponytail to them via the US Postal Service and I hope they put it to good use! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment