Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Books, books, books and MORE books!

Like my sweet bedroom carpet?
I have a serious over flow of books and there are more I want to get my hands on. So what's a girl to do? Why list them on Amazon of course. I have been selling and buying books (and other things) on Amazon for a long time and have found I like the ability to buy and sell books and most important to me textbooks on this site. I have never had any issues buying or selling.

Sea foam green?
I guess I've created my own monster by saving all my textbooks from college that have material worth remembering, being addicted to books in a series - a loooong set of series and multiple series at that. I tend to have a similar set of tastes when it comes to books. Historical romance is a genre that I enjoy; however, I've kind of wavered away from those. I think most of those books are going to be listed on Amazon as well. My favorite author in this genre is Kathleen Woodiwiss...weird name, great writer. I also enjoy Stephanie Laurens but I've just gone a different direction with my reading.

Aaaaand that direction is blood, guts and supernatural, mythical creatures. I really enjoy the "Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter" series. It's got a lot of violence, blood and guts which is perfect for cuddling up in bed, snuggling with the fur babies and reading for an hour (or two) before I fall asleep. :) Vampires, werewolves, demons and the like coupled with a main character who enjoys her alone time, is tough and shows integrity. Hard to find a strong, confident female character in today's society.

This beautiful bookcase is totally hidden!
Another series I enjoy is the "Sookie Stackhosue" books. These books are crazily similar to the Anita Blake books but in a lighter, less dark tone. The Stackhouse books also have a lot of detail that builds from book to book, while the Blake books could stand alone from book to book. I also have the Harry Potter series, the Twilight saga and the Stephanie Plum books. Now that is a great series of books! Author Janet Evanovich mixes a great mystery with unique characters and HILARIOUS situations - I would totally recommend this series to anyone. Even if you don't like the mystery/detective genre these books are so friggin' funny you're sure to enjoy them!

Packaged up and ready to go.
But I digress! It happens a lot when I start talking books. :) Back to selling them on Amazon... .Today, I shipped of three books (The Hunger Game series) to places all over the world. It was a nice feeling to free up some shelf space. I make the shipping easy. I save my paper bags from grocery shopping trips, cut the bottom off, then wrap the book in the bag (logo side in) and packing tape it shut! Simple as that.

So perhaps you're asking yourself, "How do I get started selling books on Amazon?" Easy peezy... .Hit up Amazon and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. There choose "Sell on Amazon" and follow the prompts. You will have to create an account and you will have to give some personal information; however, Amazon is quite secure and I personally don't worry about having my information out there. I have request my payment and BOOM! it's deposited into my checking account. Gotta love it! :)

I'm working on de-cluttering my life, although some days I wonder about why. One of those things where you just feel the need I guess. First, I'm going to sell as many of my books as possible, and it's not truly for the money because some of the books aren't worth much. :) My biggest issue seems to be I accumulate books as quickly as I get rid of them! LOL

Next, I'm trying the extreme couponing thing. I'm collecting coupons like mad and reading blogs like crazy; trying to educate myself on how to do it right. I'm always about saving money but I hope this is another way to add a bit to the old bank account. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment